We created this gorgeous ruby red “Highline” popsicle for the peak of strawberry season! But, we’re always changing up our menu to feature the best fruits at the best times. You can get your very own popsicle at Manna Momma at the Banff Farmer’s Market every Wednesday (near Banff Central Park) through summer, or you can make your own!
Makes about 12 regular sized popsicles
- 4 cups of fresh, preferably organic, strawberries with stems removed
- 3/4 cup simple syrup with black pepper (recipe follows)
- 1 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- a sprinkling of black pepper to scatter into the bottom of the molds
- Puree strawberries in a blender until smooth.
- To make simple syrup, combine 2/3 cup water with 2/3 cup organic sugar and 1 tsp. black pepper in a small saucepan.
- Simmer over medium heat until combined and slightly thickened. You will have more than you need.
- Add 3/4 cup of the syrup to the strawberries along with the lime juice and balsamic vinegar. Blend again to combine.
- Crack a little bit of fresh pepper into the bottom of each popsicle mold and then pour in the strawberry puree.
- Freeze for about 6 hours.